F.I.I.T ASSESSMENT WEEK
MillerCoors 64,000step challenge starts May 21! The first two people to reach 64,000 steps will win a F.I.T Fun Intense Training prize . The Prize Pak includes FIT bands, a $50 gift card, a FIT stability ball, FIT gym bag, MillerCoors 64 T- shirt and a free month of Fitness Fifteen with Major Batton.
In addition, prizes valued at $10 - $25 each will be awarded at the end of the program on June 21. To be eligible for prizes, you will need to walk at least 140,000 steps or an average of 5000 steps per day for 28 days. Your name will then be entered into a drawing for prizes.
Register and pick up your pedometer by Monday May 21. You may do this with Major Batton in the Fitness Center or here in Health Services.
· Record your steps each day or at least once a week on the tracking log. This is located on the wall in the Fitness Center.
· If you’re walking after dark at the plant, be sure to pick up a reflective vest at the Security Office. Make sure that you are walking in a safe area and that you are visible to drivers.
· Each time you reach 10,000 steps notify Major by text.
· Once you reach 64,000 steps, notify Major. It will be important for you to notify him as soon as you reach this point for the 64K since the first two to reach it will win prizes.
· Continue tracking your steps on the tracking log through June 21.
· Return your pedometers at the end of the Challenge.
· All names of those completing 140,000 steps will be entered into a drawing for additional prizes.
Paige's Princess Run/Walk 5KMay 19, 2012 at Wyandot Elementary School for a 5K Run/Walk.
All Proceeds benefit the Paige's Princess Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) dedicated to providing therapeutic equipment and Paige's Princess run/walk 5k.
This was Rick Perry's first 5k, and he finished in under thirty minutes way to go Rick, I knew you could do it.
I finished first in my age group, not bad!
Thanks for inviting me out guys.
A PIG CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL PARTICIPANTS AND VOLUNTEERS AT THIS YEARS FLYING PIG!
"WAY TO GO GUYS"
L-R Stan, Robin, Don S, Patty, Paul, Major, Don B, Chris
Monica, Rod, Nicole, Joe
"Let's shoot for 24 or more next year"
USE IT OR LOSE IT
The adage "use it or lose it" says it all. For example, not using your muscles results in a loss of strength and function.
You can improve your fitness with additional exercise that includes changes to the frequency, intensity, time, and type of each exercise.
Remember the FITT principle:
F(Frequency) How many times you do an exercise each week or month. (For example, I walk 7 days a week; I lift weights 3 times a week.)
I (Intensity) How strenuous or heavy the exercise is in terms of weight lifted, speed of movement or effort exerted. (For example, I walk at 3.5 miles per hour; I lift weights that are 70% of the maximum I can lift.)
T(Time) How long you do the exercise per session. (For example, I walk for 30 minutes; I lift the weight 10 times with a 1-minute rest at the end, and repeat that twice.)
T (Type) What kind of exercise you do (for example, biking vs. walking, or lifting weights vs. doing push-ups).
Major F.I.I.T (FOCUSED INDIVIDUALIZED INTENSE TRAINING)