for Executing a Successful
Workplace Wellness Program
1. Assess the existing workplace health situation by asking the following questions:
•What are the key health issues affecting employees?
•What factors at the work-site influence employee health?
•What are the employees' health and safety concerns?
•What strategies are most appropriate to address these health issues?
2. Plan the program or intervention, including:
•Creating a structure for the program, establishing goals and identifying an evaluation process to measure the outcomes.
•Identifying resources or environmental supports, including updating organizational policies to support the program.
•Engaging leadership and recruiting a program “champion" from key influencers within the organization.
•Developing materials to communicate the structure of the program and its benefits for employees.
3. Implement the program by offering a variety of interventions to address different levels within the organization:
•Individuals: Influence healthy behaviors and lifestyle choices.
•Interpersonal: Utilize the informal social networks, peer influencers and relationships to engage employees with the program.
•Organizational: Ensure that the workplace is structured to support the program.
4. Evaluate the success of the program or interventions by:
•Reviewing the program to see if it had the desired effect on the workplace.
•Identifying the specific metrics: Did the program increase productivity, reduce costs or achieve other measurable outcomes?
•Identifying next steps to continue promoting health and wellness in the workplace.
Major Corporate Wellness believes that a successful program begins with the assessment process, because it is essential for engaging employees.
5. Contact MCW today for a consultation.Let's connect to see how MCW will help your lower health care and disability costs enhance employee productivity and reduce employee absenteeism in your business.
Corporate Health Coach Expert
Health coach and Wellness Consultant