Training for a 5K walk
- Be able to walk a 5K walk (3.1 miles) in one hour or less
- Improve walking posture and form
- Finish a 5K walk feeling energized rather than exhausted
Work on Your Walking Form
- Time: Start with a weekly total goal: 60 - 75 minutes.
- Walk five days the first week. We want to build a habit, so
consistency is important.
- a common problem for beginners is feeling the
pain of shin splints during their first week or two of walking training.
- Walking Form concentrate on
developing good walking posture and technique.