Why grain free works so well
• Gluten is only one problem in a long list of problems with wheat and grains.
• Humans do not have the digestive capacity, the digestive apparatus, to consume, grasses nor their seeds.
• Problems come from multiple components, but mostly proteins.
• Gluten is really a very large, complex molecule that you can break down into two parts: a smaller globular Gliadin molecule; and a larger linear polymeric glutamate molecule. Glutinin polymeric protein, the linear stretchable fragments, it makes dough stretchy Gliadin is the source of most auto-immune problems and a lot of other problems in wheat.
• If you eat an egg, high in protein, you take the complex proteins in the egg yoke and egg white and you break it down into single amino acids. That’s how proteins are meant to be digested and that’s how you absorb the amino acids.
• Gliadin protein can’t be broken down into single amino acids; it’s broken down into small pieces, or peptides, as small as four or five amino acids long.
Those amino acid-long fragments have very peculiar effects.
They’re small enough to cross into the brain through the blood-brain barrier, and bind to the opiate receptors of the human brain
The effects are opiate-like, or opioid (They don’t make us high like morphine, or heroine or other opiates, but they have other peculiar effects)
People who are prone to depression get depressed
People prone to bi-polar illness can have the mania triggered
Kids with ADHD and autistic spectrum disorder can have behavioral outbursts triggered, or it can erode attention span
People prone to binge eating disorder or bulimia, have 24-hour a day food obsessions triggered
Gliadin-derived opiates create “mind fog,” that hard-to-concentrate, can’t-focus kind of feeling
Gliadin-derived opiates stimulate appetite. The average person is triggered to consume, 400 to 800 calories more per day
• Gliadin is also a big cause for auto-immune diseases:
We now know that Gliadin has capacity to unlock the intestinal barriers Intestinal leak, that is, a leakiness, a virtual leakiness of the intestinal lining that allows antigens and other compounds into the bloodstream and have various effects Gliadin allows multiple antigens to enter the body, including Gliadin itself. Gliadin also allows entry of highly inflammatory lipopolysaccharides, a toxic component of gram negative bacterial walls Wheat germ agglutinin, a protein that is completely indigestible, is allowed to gain entry into the bloodstream where it is highly inflammatory and has all sorts of endocrine effects